Modern mixed martial arts or MMA has only been officially in existence for a short while, as the first Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) event took place on November 12, 1993. However, combatants of varying martial arts backgrounds have been fighting one another for years; which has lead to the modern day interest in full contact combat athletic events involving different types of martial arts—some of which include Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Kickboxing, Judo and Karate. The sport quickly gained popularity in the United States as well as international recognition, sparking a revolution in martial arts.
This full contact sport allows for the use of a wide variety of fighting techniques and skills including striking and grappling techniques, both while standing and on the ground. MMA classes at WNY Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness provides participants with the opportunity to study the techniques and disciplines that combine to create the ultimate fighter.
What you can accomplish with Mixed Martial Arts classes at WNY MMA:
• Begin with MMA basics – Through discipline and technique, you’ll learn the history, fighting styles, training techniques and modern rules of mixed martial arts.
• Prepare to start training – Classes will help you to strengthen your body, focus your mind and master the concepts of combat.
• Self-Defense – Techniques will be introduced ranging from essential strikes and defense to inside fighting with takedowns.
• Grappling – You will learn to understand the essentials of ground fighting, including the guard position, submissions and escapes.
• Become a well-rounded fighter – MMA fighting is about more than just technique. Learn tips for improving nutrition, developing an adequate warm-up routine, expanding your mental training and getting the rest needed to keep you in peak mental and physical condition.
The MMA coaches are dedicated to helping you improve your grappling, striking and ground fighting skills. New techniques and strategies are continually evolving and we make it our goal to stay on top of the MMA sport in order to enhance the fighting experience.
If you're interested in learning more about Mixed Martial Arts classes, Contact Us for more information today.